Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 1:00 P.M.
Call to order:
Beatrice Proo, Chair
Pam O’Connor, Vice Chair
Failing, Ex Officio
37. RECEIVE report of the Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
38. RECEIVE oral monthly report on Service Sectors.
39. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Safety’s First program and workers’ compensation (PDF, 131KB) for the one-year period covering October 2001 through September 2002.
A. scheduling Wednesday, January 15 and Saturday, January 18, 2003 as public
hearing dates to receive public comment on the following service changes
proposed for implementation in the Metro San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel
· Proposed Bus/Rail Interface Plan for Pasadena Gold Line
· New Limited Stop Service
· Other Service changes
of Public Hearing Notice ; and
C. designating the Chief Executive Officer, or appointees, as the Public Hearing Officers to receive public testimony on these matters.
and certifying the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) for the Division 8 Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Facility
upgrade to increase CNG fueling capacity;
the division 8 CNG station upgrade;
the recommended Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program for the IS/MND; and
staff to file a Notice of Determination of the IS/MND with the Los Angeles
A. amending the FY03 budget to increase the budget for Access
Services by $5,000,000 for a maximum Metro funding of $63,601,051;
B. establishing $61,800,000 as the FY04 budget for Access Services and
approve FY04 Paratransit Plan principles;
C. retaining Access Services as the provider of complementary paratransit
services as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act;
D. adopting the Certificate
of Resolution that will allow the Metro to become a member agency of Access
E. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to take action to seek Metro
representation on the Access Services Board of Directors and appoint staff to
fill that position.
43. AWARD a five-year firm fixed unit-rate Contract No. OP-3120-4009 to Island Environmental Services for liquid waste disposal services effective January 1, 2003, for an amount not to exceed $3,282,282 inclusive of two one-year options.
44. AWARD a five-year firm-fixed unit-rate Contract No. OP33440662 to Nationwide Environmental Services, the most responsive, responsible bidder to provide power sweeping services for Metro transit facilities and the street running sections of the Metro Blue Line for an amount not to exceed $2,129,032 inclusive of two one-year options and a 10% contingency fund of $212,903 for as-needed services, for a total contract value not to exceed $2,341,935.
45. AWARD a firm fixed-price contract under Bid 08-0223 to Burch Ford, the
lowest responsive, responsible bidder for nine 2003 utility
trucks for a total price of $428,621, inclusive of sales tax.
COMMITTEE AUTHORITY, 4/5 VOTE
of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if
requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a
future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate
action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate
action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Return to Meeting Schedule