Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 1:00 P.M.
Call to order:
Pam O’Connor, Vice Chair
Doug Failing, Ex Officio
26. RECEIVE report of the Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
· Receive update on Service Sectors
27. RECEIVE AND FILE report on maintenance of El Monte Station.
28. RECEIVE AND FILE report for the procurement of vehicles and facilities pest control services, as immediate remedial measures.
CONSENT CALENDAR – Items 29 through 31
29. APPROVE execution of Amendment No. 3 to Contract No. PS26100450 with Elite Security, Inc. to:
A. provide private security services in support of Metro Gold Line construction for a period through June 30, 2003 for an amount not to exceed $612,281 increasing the not to exceed value of the contract from $15,052,105 to $15,664,386; and
B. seek full reimbursement of all costs related to Metro Gold Line construction security services.
30. APPROVE execution of an amendment to Contract No. OP33440807 with XLNT Tint, to increase frequency of service of replacement of etched glass panel graffiti guard film, for an amount not to exceed $250,000 over the remaining 20 months of the term of the contract, increasing the total contract value from $236,665 to $486,665.
31. APPROVE execution of an amendment to Contract No. OP33440808 with Acme Glass & Mirror, to replace damaged glass panels at Metro transit stations for an amount not to exceed $330,000 over the remaining 20 months of the term of the contract, increasing the total contract value from $298,489 to $628,489.
Consideration of items
not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested)
referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future
meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action
because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action
came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION