EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT AND AUDIT COMMITTEE
Thursday, October 17, 2002 – 10:30 A.M.
Call to order:
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Doug Failing, Ex Officio
19. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
20. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
21. RECEIVE oral monthly report on the Gold Line.
22. RECEIVE AND FILE Contractor Debarment and Suspension Ordinance and formally adopt the same at the next Board meeting.
23. ADOPT the updated Metro Debt Policy.
24. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award Contract No. MC066, to Ed Wundram, dba The Design Build Consulting Group, to be the Design/Build manager for the Eastside Light Rail Transit Project for an amount not to exceed $1,059,840 for Design/Build Advisory Panel services.
A. finding that purchase of the multi-media mobile theater vehicle in compliance with Public Utilities Code Section 130232 and 130233 does not constitute a method of procurement adequate for acquisition of the unique, prototype equipment needed to provide a new and enhanced safety outreach program through the use of a mobile unit to the population along the Metro Blue and Gold Lines. The Board hereby authorizes the procurement of the Multi-Media Mobile Theater and Tractor pursuant to PUC Section 130236, to be used to provide the safety outreach and to conduct such operational testing and evaluation as is necessary to assess the performance for the intended purpose; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm fixed price contract to Provision Entertainment, Incorporated for a used Multi-Media Mobile Theater and Tractor for a total price not to exceed $400,340, exclusive of sales tax.
(Requires a two-thirds vote of the Board)
CLOSED SESSION: Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing
Litigation – G.C. 54956.9(a):
1. Briot v. Metro, BC260158
2. Forgia v. Metro, BC260246.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items
to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the
agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items
requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need
to take immediate action came to the
attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN
COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION